Thursday 29 November 2012

Dinner Time

Tonight it was my turn to cook. I was told to make tacos, but I felt it would be too cheesy. I decided to be a little bit more creative and make a homemade pie, except the only thing about that was I'd never done it before and I didn't want to follow someone randoms recipe. Those sorts of things are too risky for agents. There are precautions that must be made. So I decided to just wing it.

Luckily I had been watching a movie about cooking earlier called "Julie and Julia". I got some pastry from the freezer and opened it up. The edges of the sheets were hard and crusty, suggesting that they had been warmed up and re-frozen. I cut off the crusty edges and placed the pastry in the dish. I fixed it up and cooked the mince. My sister came in and was dressed up, I guessed she was going to a performance of some kind. One of her friend's Dad's works at the theatre and gets free tickets, so sometimes he asks her if she wants to go. We started dancing to some music and she left.

 To my surprise, my phone started buzzing. "Unknown Number". I wasn't sure if I should take the risk. I pressed answer and slowly lifted the phone to my ear. To my surprise it was a friend whom I hadn't spoken to in a long while. She was asking if I could be in her movie. I couldn't reject an offer like that. We spoke for a while and caught up on things. I said I had to go so I didn't burn my dinner, and she still had to make hers. We bid farewell and I got back to my pie. I finished it up and put it in the oven and set the timer. I did the washing up and waited in the kitchen.

Surprisingly, the kitchen is the only place of serenity in my house sometimes. Everywhere else is chaos. I was talking to one of my friends from school on iMessage. He's a pretty cool guy, and one of my closest friends. He just seems to understand I guess, and I'm pretty sure I do a convincing job also.

I took the pie out of the oven and had a piece. My parents were convinced it was really good, but judging from the look in their eye and the slight angle of the corner of their mouth they weren't being completely honest. I can usually tell when they're lying, but I just don't say anything. I spent the rest of the night with my Mum and went to get some supplies from a book shop. We got hot drinks and came home, and here I am. On my laptop blabbing on about my night to no one. Oh well, I don't mind.

I'll check back in tomorrow evening, unless something else "significant" occurs.

Goodbye for now,
Agent Fish.

-The Mysterious Agents-

No comments:

Post a Comment